An intensive outpatient program (IOP) for addiction treatment is one type of treatment program designed to help people with moderate to severe drug or alcohol addiction. This type of treatment allows a person to live at home while coming in to see their therapist on a consistent and often intense basis for treatment. However, it is based on the goals of restoring a person’s ability to avoid drug and alcohol use in the long term. United Recovery Project may make it possible for you to achieve these goals through our innovative and luxury treatment program.
What Goes into an IOP for Addiction Treatment?
The Intensive outpatient care you receive is always designed to meet your specific needs and goals. However, IOP has a few key components that are likely to be incorporated into your treatment program. During treatment, you may learn:
- How to cope with triggers, which are experiences that may make it hard for you to avoid using drugs or alcohol
- To spot changing symptoms or increasing thoughts of using again
- How to manage symptoms of mental health disorders that you may have that could be making it harder for you to stop using
- About your addiction, including what it does to change your brain’s chemistry and how it impacts your overall health
- Physical, mental, and spiritual tools and strategies to help you improve your quality of life and achieve a better outcome
- Better management of stress to minimize the risk of relapse when work or home life becomes hard
- Resources to help your family recover from addiction’s damage, including tools to restore your overall confidence and self-worth
Many things go into intensive outpatient care. Some people may need more time healing physically than others. Most often, the psychotherapy, or talk therapy, you engage in is directed at what’s happening in your life that puts you at risk for use. This may include dealing with past trauma you’ve experienced.
Creating a Plan for IOP for Addiction Treatment That’s Right for You
When you embrace treatment, you’ll work closely with a therapist and doctor to create a treatment plan that’s right for you. This outlines the level of care you need. Some people benefit more so from residential treatment, especially if they also need detox. If IOP is the right level of care for you, your team will discuss the number of hours you need to come in each day and how many days a week you should receive this level of care.
From there, you’ll learn more about the wide range of therapy options available to you. At United Recovery Project, we aim to provide a luxury treatment program that offers a wide range of therapy options. It is this combination of programs that can help you find your way forward. The level and type of support you need is always specific to what you’re facing. Our goal is to give you ample opportunity to express and work through those challenges. That’s why we offer a range of therapy programs, including:
- Equine therapy programs
- Psychotherapy programs
- Holistic therapy programs
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Art therapy programs
- Music therapy programs
Dive into Treatment with United Recovery Project
Could IOP in Florida be right for you? Even if you are unsure, our team at United Recovery Project can help you learn more about each of your treatment options and how they may work to restore your health and wellbeing. It’s critical to take the time now to get help, though. The sooner you do, the more likely you are to health physically and mentally from the damage addiction creates. Let us help you. Call 954.429.5026 or connect with us online to learn more.