Unique and innovative therapies help many people with addiction and mental health disorders overcome the challenges they face. Equine therapy is one example of a profoundly effective treatment therapy that’s helping many like you find your way forward. At United Recovery Project, our equine therapy program is one of the tools we offer to help you build a successful addiction recovery.
Equine Therapy Program Benefits
Unsure how horses can help you with addiction? You may not have any experience with these animals. Sometimes their size and stature make them intimidating, too. They offer some outstanding opportunities for people battling addiction and mental health disorders. That makes them well worth using in your own therapy. Some examples include:
- Expression of emotions. Horses are unique animals. They somehow understand human emotion and can reflect it to us. As a result, they tend to be an excellent tool for self-reflection and expression of emotions. You’ll learn about yourself through them.
- Responsibility building. When you’re tasked with taking care of an animal as impressive as a horse, there’s a lot of responsibility. Achieving those goals can help you feel more confident about your future. You’ll develop a stronger ability to master your own responsibilities in life.
- Patience building. Horses require patience. There’s no hurrying them to do what you want them to do. Sometimes slowing down and being patient to allow the healing process to happen is a valuable skill for humans, too.
- Building relationships. A horse is an animal, but they create such an important bond with humans that they often teach a great deal about relationships. Just being with them can help to ease your pain and frustrations as a result. That’s something you’ll learn to do for others, too.
- Resilience and trust development. For those facing addiction or mental health disorders to rebuild trust in themselves or others. Resilience also seems impossible. These animals help to demonstrate this back to humans.
You’ll learn a great deal about yourself by being around these animals. It can be rewarding, inspiring, and incredibly fulfilling to be a part of an equine addiction therapy program.
What to Expect from an Equine Therapy Program
Our equine therapy program is an opportunity to work hands-on with horses. You’ll do this with equine specialists who focus their lives on helping people through the use of horses. Most often, these specialists help a person to interact with the horses and carry out various tasks. That may include brushing them, feeding them, or supporting their needs. It takes time to build confidence in the process, but once you do, you’ll find this to be one of the highlights of your therapy.
Find Your Equine Therapy Program in Florida with Us
Unsure if an equine therapy program is right for you? Don’t worry, we’ll ease you into the process at United Recovery Project. Take a few minutes now to learn about our programs and therapy options, including:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient rehab treatment
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
Then, work with us to create an individualized therapy program right for you. We’ll discuss a range of therapy options that may help you, including equine therapy. You’ll find that, within a short while, you’ll be ready to achieve incredible outcomes for yourself.
Embrace Your Future with Our Help at United Recovery Project
It’s not always easy to see how horses can help you overcome addiction. Our team is confident you’ll find our program offers everything you need to start addiction recovery. We encourage you to embrace our equine therapy program today. Learn more about us when you call United Recovery Project at 954.429.5026 or connect with our team now online. We’re here for you and your success.