Drug and alcohol addiction changes a person. Suddenly, each day focuses on the next dose or drink. Things like taking care of their health, maintaining responsibilities, and communicating with family and friends are secondary. But, unfortunately, that’s what the disease of addiction can do. Healing from this may include getting life skills training. Within a life skills training program, like the one offered at United Recovery Project, you’ll learn the core skills necessary to help you thrive mentally and physically.
What to Expect from a Life Skills Training Program
A life skills program works to help a person to develop valuable skills for living a healthy, productive life. There are basic skills taught, such as creating a routine and balancing a schedule. Yet, there are also supportive resources offered to help a person gain better self-awareness and communication skills, which are often essential to living a prosperous life. Expect to work in both individual and group therapy sessions to learn the skills you need to thrive.
Why Life Skills Training Is Essential to Your Future
The right life skills can help a person create success during their addiction recovery. In addition, these skills may be paramount to avoiding relapse and getting help when needed. Here are some benefits to this type of support.
- Improve communication. It’s the foundation of any success in life. Learn how to communicate needs, ideas, desires, and problems properly to get the right type of support when needed. Build healthier relationships with this training, too.
- Gain health and wellness support. This includes learning how to care for yourself and your addiction. You’ll likely learn about balancing meals, getting exercise, and ensuring proper sleep, all valuable for recovery.
- Develop confidence. With life skills training, most people feel more confident about going out into the world, whether to build new relationships or get a job. That confidence may be just what you need to overcome the challenges you’re facing.
- Learn to solve problems. Every person deals with problems and complications on an ongoing basis. Having solid problem-solving skills is a key component to ensuring long-term recovery because it ensures you know how to work through those difficult times.
- Build stress management skills. Life skills training is about having skills to manage whatever happens. Often, that includes stress. Many times, an inability to manage stress effectively leads to the onset of relapse. You cannot eliminate stress from life, but you can learn to manage it.
Life skills training is an opportunity to build on the skills you have to create a better future. It’s an individualized treatment based on what you’re struggling with right now and may battle in the future. However, proper treatment at a substance abuse treatment center may enable you to find better success and reduce relapse risk for many people.
Seek Out Our Life Skills Program Today
United Recovery Project provides every tool available to help our patients achieve their best future. That includes offering a comprehensive life skills training program. So when you’re ready to stop using substances and build a life that you’ve dreamed of, our master-level clinicians are ready to help you. Explore the opportunities available to you in each of the following programs:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient rehab treatment
- Sober living
Our men’s and women’s treatment programs are dedicated to fostering your success. So embrace treatment to start working towards your goals.
Embrace Your Future – Call United Recovery Project Today
With a comprehensive life skills training program and dedicated professionals ready to support your recovery, United Recovery Project is ready to help you. Reach out to us online or call 954.429.5026 to explore the range of luxury treatment programs we offer. With our life skills training, you’ll be on your way to building a strong future.