One of the most important things to know about sober living is that life doesn’t revolve around constant thoughts of drug or alcohol use. The right plan enables you to maintain a healthy lifestyle that promotes sobriety day-to-day. How do you do this? When it comes to creating a lifestyle of sober living in South Florida, our team at United Recovery Project offers all of the support you need.
Start with a Solid Sober Living Plan
During addiction treatment, work closely with your therapist to create a plan to enhance and support strong sober living after you leave therapy. This may include creating a plan for getting help when you need it. Complete a relapse prevention program to ensure all of the right tools and resources are in place. This enables success from the start.
Choose the Right Sober Living Community
A sober living community supports each member with consistency and resources. This means ensuring good access to a safe, drug-free place to live. It also means having access to outstanding therapists and counselors who can help you avoid mistakes. A sober living community like this helps a person with an addiction to create a sober lifestyle with ease. Some of the ways to use it the best include:
- Participate in group therapy regularly. Continue with the same level and type of care in the sober home as in residential treatment.
- Use this time to establish yourself in the area. Look for a job that fits specific skills. Seek out help from those within the sober community to help you get the chance at a good job.
- Make and maintain goals. This is something you’ll learn in therapy, too. Your goals start simple, such as sleeping 8 hours a night and eating nutritious meals. They progressively become a bit more challenging, such as completing a resume, getting a job, and starting a savings account.
- Build confidence by engaging with others. Find ways to participate in the home, such as helping to support others and abiding by the rules in place. This can help you develop a strong sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Use time in a sober living home to develop skills beneficial to the future. This could be skills such as job training, life skills, or better communication skills.
Everything you do within this community can help build a stronger way forward. That also means life in addiction recovery may be less stressful and more packed with opportunities.
Invest in Our Sober Living Homes in South Florida
Designed to provide a safe but supportive environment for those completing drug or alcohol addiction treatment, our sober living homes are a stepping stone to creating a successful future. These homes have rules to follow and offer outpatient treatment, group support meetings, and ample planning tools.
Not everyone is ready to go back to the way they were living before they entered treatment. For some, doing so would mean sure relapse. Building a new life may start in these homes, where a person can find their way forward with ample support from people who understand exactly what you’ve been through.
To become a part of our community, we encourage you to learn more about each of our programs and how they can help your future:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Outpatient rehab treatment
Focus on the Future – Call United Recovery Project for Help Today
Are you thinking about your future? Let our program for sober living in South Florida help you. Our dedicated team of clinicians and innovative therapies can help you achieve the best possible addiction recovery. Learn more about our programs and services by calling 954.429.5026 or connecting with us online today.