Treatment for Heroin Addiction
Heroin is an opioid drug and is illegal and dangerous. Heroin can be referred to as big H, horse, or smack. People can inject, sniff, smoke, or snort heroin. Heroin can be an addictive drug because it gives people a surge of euphoria or pleasure. However, it is also a dangerous drug because it has a lot of negative long-term effects.
Those struggling with heroin addiction and abuse can find help through a rehab center or treatment facility for heroin addiction. Learn more about heroin addiction and treatment below.
How is Heroin Addiction Treated?
There are different steps and different treatments involved in overcoming heroin addiction and abuse. Take a closer look at some of these below.
- Removing Negative Influences– The first step in treating heroin addiction is to get sober and remove any negative influences. These negative influences could be people or situations that cause a person to use drugs.
- Building Healthy Habits– Another way to treat heroin addiction is to start building healthy habits. Healthy habits like healthy eating, exercise, hobbies, and more can start to replace heroin use with something better.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy– Cognitive behavioral therapy describes a type of therapy where people challenge their negative thoughts and unwanted behavior patterns. This can help people with addiction move into a more positive phase of their life.
- Group Therapies– Group therapies are also a big part of the treatment of heroin addiction. In a heroin addiction treatment center, you will often have the option of attending group therapies to talk with people who are also struggling with addiction. These group therapies help you understand addiction better, but they also give you a community of people to talk to about your issues and problems.
- A 12-Step Program– A 12-step program is a program that was designed to help people with addiction. The first and most widely known 12-step program is Alcoholics Anonymous or AA. This program takes people through different steps as they work through overcoming their addiction.
There are many treatment options for heroin addiction. The basic heroin addiction treatment involves detoxing from heroin and going through therapies to understand your addiction better. After someone understands their addiction and their triggers, they can better be able to avoid a relapse. The treatments discussed above all go together to help someone overcome their heroin addiction. However, there are also different types of rehab options that you can learn more about next.
Types of Rehab for Heroin Addiction
Below, we are going to check out some of the basic types of programs that can provide you with rehab for heroin addiction.
- Inpatient– An inpatient program is a 24/7 rehab program. With this type of rehab for heroin addiction, a person lives at the rehab facility so that they have support and supervision 24 hours a day. This can be the most successful type of rehab, but it is the most intensive and expensive.
- Outpatient– An outpatient rehab program is when you come to a rehab center for therapies and treatment, but you do not live at the facility. Every night, you go to your own home to sleep. This type of rehab for heroin addiction is a good option and more affordable than an inpatient program.
- Partial Day Programs– A partial day program is a type of outpatient heroin addiction program. This program is not as intensive, and it is more for people with demanding schedules. With a partial day program, people still have the option to do some of their normal activities like work.
There are several different types of programs when it comes to rehab for heroin addiction. The ones listed above are some of your basic options. Be sure to choose one that can set you up for success in getting sober and overcoming your heroin addiction.
How to Find the Right Heroin Rehab Center
Now that you have learned more about the types of treatment options at a heroin rehab center, you can learn more about how to find the right rehab center for you. Consider a few of the factors listed below.
- Facility Reputation– One major factor to consider is the reputation of the facility that you are thinking about going to. This could have an impact on how good the rehab facility is and whether or not it is worth your investment.
- Location– Another factor to consider is the location. You may want to find a heroin rehabilitation center with a location close to your home for convenience. However, you might also want a heroin rehab center that is farther away from your home so that you can really get out of your environment to start your treatment. The choice is up to you and your needs, but the location is a factor you will want to consider regardless of whether the location is close or far.
- Approach to Treatment– You will also want to look into each heroin rehab center and their approach or philosophy of treatment. You might identify more strongly with one type of treatment approach rather than another. Also, there are some facilities that help you come up with a treatment approach that is more customized to your needs and your specific struggles with addiction.
- Comfort and Support– Finally, you will want to think about whether or not the heroin rehab has the comfort and support you are looking for. There are a lot of great treatment centers and rehab facilities that offer you great support through licensed counselors as well as other patients so that you can be supported through your journey of overcoming your addiction.
There are a lot of heroin rehab centers out there, and that is why you want to consider all of the factors listed above before you choose one.
United Recovery Project has a heroin rehab center that is located in Florida. This heroin treatment center will help you get sober and beat your addiction. Our program at United Recovery Project is individually customized based on an assessment of you and your needs. We provide you with a lot of support as you are going through the process of overcoming your addiction. Click here to learn more about United Recovery Project and our heroin rehab center.